Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It Continues

Hello Everyone!
Now that everyone is commenting about the kind of language used in the previous blog specially the comment by Hardeep (loved it ;)), I would just like to pay a tribute to him through the next few lines
"ab jab aapne hamein hidayat di hai,
ki hamne angrezi ko chodd kar
kisi aur bhasha mein likhne ki himakat ki hai
toh hum yeh bhi aapko batana chahenge ki
hum jaante hain aapne is himakat mein chupi
shararat ki nazakat ko samajhne ki bhi koshish ki hai
jismein humne apna dil khol kar
vicharon ki dhara ko bhagirathi ke samaan bahane ki zarurat samjhi hai"

Well sorry guys if its getting too heavy but I am just writing the way its coming to my mind. In the end of my last blog I said that I chose to be independent in a dependent way. The days when I began my engineering at the campus were not that easy for me. I have always loved my friends and group and parting from them was not easy for me when I stepped into this new world and hence had a tendency of choosing the safer option of being with people I already knew. No wonder I was seldom found in the wing and well all the inquisitiveness about me being a nerd, with my specs, a huge bag at my back (though only the bag was huge,there was seldom anything inside it) and my not being much talkative or rather being reserved from people I didnt know much ,was surely inevitable.

It wasnt until about the end of the semester that I was much known amongst my wingmates ,though I was well known in Sankalp's wing as the major part of my first semester had been with him being schoolmates for years. The factor which played the barrier-breaker was cricket again,something I can talk about to anyone anywhere. I just happened to overhear Bharat talking about the match next day against the Alpha-Qs and came up with the idea of playing the next day. I had to give a kind of an ability test towards the field to people of the team and to my surprise, even with my mediocre abilities (thats why I was nicked Gulli), i got through in the team.......speaks a lot about the team...hehe. It was a great experience for me playing that first match with this group of people and by the time we won the second match after being comprehensively beaten in the first, we had already thought of a name for ourselves. Many ideas did come up like The Titans(a movie all my wingies had just seen) and what not but what was finally decided was "The Jinxd" (hum unke liye manhoos hain jo hamare against khelne wale hain) and then began one of the most memorable journeys of my and in fact undoubtedly of our lives. The founding members of the group became Karan,Ritesh,Nikhil,Raghav,Bharat,Harshit,Ishan,Manav,Arjun,Ranjot , Chintan,Hardeep and though the last member of the group but yet a founding member of the Jinxd me that is Chinmaya.

It was then that I was accepted in the group like a light hearted, die hard cricket freak but yet a nerdish person and the icing on the cake was the first semester Workshop exam where I could stop Karan from cross questioning others because he had no answer to my questions,,,,hehe...that was on a very lighter side and well everyone knows that it was the last time that I studied in my first year. After that all was like a dream come true, once we realised it wasnt much worth scoring big in the exams,we were all out into enjoying ourselves. So what that I wasnt a part of all the amazing things which happened in the first semester but as second semester came,all of us came as a group and it was then that the picture took its full colour. Then it were the endless hours of volleyball,movies,talking,leg-pulling and what not and most importantly for me, I was apart of it all.

As is true "the darkest hour of the night comes just before the Dawn" ,the day I became a part of this group the darkness of a solitary existence went away from my life and it was all bright for me and I am sure for everyone who came around us :)

There is a lot more to come bhaiyon....philosophy gets over here...........ab masti karenge;);)

7 comments:

Mani said...

bulle sorry bol de pichle comment ke liye...tujhe hindi bhi kaunsi samajh aa jayegi??

ritesh said...

bhai..tere nirale andaz ne humare dil pe ek adbhut and amar nishan chor diya...maza aa gaya..aur likh..mian bhi likhtahun..our story shud be known by generations to come..

NikhiL said...

wow! tht ws pretty awesome.. n i had forgotten when we thot up the name.. still dont remember who brought up jinxd tho.. n suddenly m missing everything.
keep it up ;)

gaurav said...

ek aur mast post.....
is baar bhi samajh ne ke liye 2 baar padhna pada[;)]

Harshit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harshit said...

even betta den d 1st 1... brilliant build up to obviously d most awaitd blog of d lot ( as u said the philosophy part of it ends wid dis 1 ;) )

P.S read d whole blog upside down
:( chalta hai.. itna dumb bhi nahi main.. hav bin able to put d pieces 2gether...

Harshit said...

although 'twas v dumb of me not realizin tht sooner ;)